Sabtu, 30 Juni 2018

Sponsored Links

Surviving the Times
src: i.ytimg.com

" Surviving the Times " is a 2007 hip hop song by Nas from his Greatest Hits album. Song lyrics focus on Nas's career before and after Illmatic. The song refers to the signing of Nas with Columbia Records, rejected by Russell Simmons for Def Jam and he meets with Great Professor and Kool G Rap for the first time. The song also sampled Nipsey Russell's song "What Would I Do If I Could Feel" from The Wiz music in intros and choruses. Different versions of this song appear on Nas and DJ Green Lantern's Nigger Tape . It contains the same lyrics but is produced by Cool & amp; Dre.

Nas says this about the song:

Actually, I've done it some time ago. I forgot I have a note. It was perfect to go with the Greatest Hits. It just came from the conversation. I needed the people around to remind me of certain things that happened, so I got a lot of information from someone hanging around while I was in the studio. It's crazy, because when I talk about people from all other rap eras, I do not know if people understand how much that means to me, just appearing around legends like Kool G Rap and Eric B. and Professor and the likes Akinyele who was around the early stages I met through Professor of the rap group named Sumber Utama who most cats today have never heard of.


Video Surviving the Times



External links

  • Lyrics of this song in MetroLyrics

Source of the article : Wikipedia

Comments
0 Comments