Minggu, 08 Juli 2018

Sponsored Links

Crystal Gayle - Don't It Make My Brown Eyes Blue (HQ) - YouTube
src: i.ytimg.com

" Do not Make My Brown Chocolate Eyes " is a song written by Richard Leigh, and recorded by American country music singer Crystal Gayle. The album was released in March 1977 as the first single from the Gayle album We Must Believe in Magic . Despite the title, Gayle himself has blue eyes.


Video Don't It Make My Brown Eyes Blue



​​â € <â €

Composer "Do not It Make My Brown Eyes Blue" Richard Leigh is responsible for all three Top Ten C & amp; W, the third of which is Crystal Gayle, the third of whom "I'll Get Over You" has reached number 1. According to Gayle's regular producer Allen Reynolds, he was advised by landlord Leigh, songwriter Sandy Mason Theoret, that Leigh " in sadness lately because nothing much happened "after the success of" I'll Get Over You ". At Theoret's suggestion, Reynolds visits Leigh to cheer him up. Reynolds explains, "We sat on the floor... singing each other's songs. [Leigh] mentioned the song that his publisher would get Shirley Bassey... [and] sang it to me: 'Do not Make My Brown Eyes Blue.' , 'Shirley Bassey, my donkey, I want that song!' "Reynolds recalls that when he played" Do not It Make My Brown Eyes Blue "for Gayle" he's just as excited [by a song] as I am. "

The song was recorded at Jack's Tracks in Nashville on October 27, 1976. When keyboardist of Reynolds's regular session, Charles Cochran suffered a stroke with some numbness in his hand, Reynolds hired Robbins "Pig" Habius to play the keyboard, and Robbins immediately composed acoustic piano riffs hand song; Cochran also performed in a horn section playing session on Wurlitzer. Reynolds notes "it was just one of those stunning sessions... [After] we presented the song to the musicians... it was about the third time we ran [the song] that we played... [Gayle] sings [ songs.) It came so fast that he was not sure that he had done his best work.I must let him try to sing it again on two or three different occasions until he feels comfortable with the original vocal take, and that's what we use everything on that recording is the real one when it comes down, except the part of the string that I add later. "

In a 2004 State Music Television interview, Gayle stated that Leigh wrote the song because her dog has one brown eye and one blue eye.

Maps Don't It Make My Brown Eyes Blue



Reception

This song became a hit single worldwide. In the United States, it topped the country's Billboard music chart and hit the first hit on Gayle's first Crossover, reaching number 1 on the Top 100 Cashbox for two weeks, and number 2 on < i> Billboard Hot 100 for 3 weeks, behind Debby Boone's successful hit, "You Light Up My Life". The album received Platinum status, the first by female country singers. This song became Gayle's signature throughout his career. In 1978, the song won the Gayle a Grammy Award for Best Country Female Vocal Appearance. In 1999, the song was recognized by ASCAP as one of the ten most played songs of the 20th century. This song has a jazzy feel when compared to many other country songs of that era. Gayle has more hit singles over the next ten years, such as "Speaking in Your Sleep", "Halfway" "You and I" (duet with Eddie Rabbitt) and "I'll Get Over You", but nothing has reached the level the same success as "Do not Do It With My Young Blue Eyes".

Crystal Gayle Don't It Make My Brown Eyes Blue LYrics - YouTube
src: i.ytimg.com


cover version

The song has been covered by Lorrae Desmond, Laura Fygi, Anita Meyer, Nolans, Tessanne Chin, Alison Statton (aka Devine & Statton), Wendy Van Wanten, Georgia White and Dana Winner. Mireille Mathieu has recorded the first song in France as "Un peu de bleu" in 1977 and in Germany as "TrÃÆ'¤nen WÃÆ'¼rden Mir Nicht Stehn" in 1980, another French rendering "Mes yeux bleus sont gris" was recorded by MichÃÆ'¨le Torr, Matell and Cantonese versions entitled "??????? (Your Words Are Sweet, Mine Bitter)" was recorded by Prudence Liew for his Jokingly Saying album .

Story of ”Don't It Make My Brown Eyes Blue” by Crystal Gayle
src: i1.wp.com


Performance chart


Crystal Gayle - Don't It Make My Brown Eyes Blue - YouTube
src: i.ytimg.com


References


Forty Years Already? Crystal Gayle on 'Don't It Make My Brown Eyes ...
src: parade.com


External links

  • The song review of AllMusic
  • Lyrics of this song in MetroLyrics

Source of the article : Wikipedia

Comments
0 Comments