Minggu, 08 Juli 2018

Sponsored Links

File:Braniborská brána.jpg - Wikimedia Commons
src: upload.wikimedia.org


Video Wikipedia talk:Meetup/Toronto



January 2006

Where?

Vote for city center

what do you think? Add your vote here.

Voted elsewhere

  • I selected York University . I'm sure I can arrange a meeting room at the office with York University Computer Club/Engineering Society @ York. --unforgettableid | talk to me 20:05, 31 January 2006 (UTC)

what do you think? Add your vote here.

Yes, I have spoken in York recently; very good! (CJB)

When?

  • I recommend Rab. 6 pm , maybe the third Wednesday of every month. --unforgettableid | talk to me 20:00, 31 January 2006 (UTC)
I would rather not be on a Wednesday, just because of my schedule; (I know, selfish) & gt; Tuesday will work for me, if working days are needed. How about a weekend? ??????? ??? ? 13:02, February 1, 2006 (UTC)
It's not selfish; it's practical. The goal is to find a good day for everyone, plus just a few Tor. Wikipedians even know about this. Saturday is bad for me. Is Tuesday or Sunday better than Wednesday for most people? --unforgettableid | talk to me 16:05, 2 February 2006 (UTC)

what do you think? Do you agree? Disagree? Add your vote here.

Closer to the weekend would be fun to folke traveling - between Fri Eve & Sun EveÃ,? Bridesmill 00:18, April 14, 2006 (UTC)

For me personally, Sunday night is fine. Are you likely to come by then? Do others prefer one way or another? Cheers, --unforgettableid | talk to me 05:36, 3 May 2006 (UTC)

Follow the meetup.com!

Hahaha, meet on the internet using a much better free group Tyciol 20:01, January 31, 2006 (UTC)

Imagine if there is a site like Meetup, say, "MeetupWiki". It can make Meetup.com out of business! --unforgettableid | talk to me 20:07, 31 January 2006 (UTC)
It is actually a copyable project, something that someone can start in Wikicities. We can do many of these things on Wikipedia itself, for Wikipedia/Wikimedia meetings, though. Freeness will be a stunning difference between us and Meetup. There's a thing Meetups.com for Toronto Wikipedians, closed for the price. - user: zanimum
Did Toronto Meetup.com meetings really happen? Also, come back. Encounters related to Wikipedia: if we get all the Wikipedia meetings to move to MeetupWiki, then that will give an initial boost to the critical mass. Anyhow, I went to the wikicities and filled out the form. I request meetup.wikicities.com. Should I move us there if the request is granted? --unforgettableid | talk to me 20:56, 31 January 2006 (UTC)
I found http://events.wikicities.com that someone has started. Should we move there? --unforgettableid | talk to me 16:06, 2 February 2006 (UTC)
Sounds good. But just a reminder, we hope that wikimedia.ca is up and running for these kinds of things in a few weeks. - user: zanimum
Wikimedia.ca? Just like I like Canadian sites... do we really need them? Wikimedia.org is quite widespread throughout the world. Tyciol 05:45, 13 February 2006 (UTC)
So this discussion moved, or is it dead? Arctic Gnome 21:38, April 23, 2006 (UTC)
Looks like it's dead. 1. No one decides the exact date and location. 2. It was not announced to enough people. I never end up downloading AutoWikiBrowser and announcing it to all categories: Wikipedians in Toronto. --unforgettableid | talk to me 05:33, 3 May 2006 (UTC)

Bulk comments: rude?

Is this considered a rude spam to post the following comments to all categories: Wikipedians in Toronto? Hi. Are you interested in Toronto Wikipedia Meetups? If so, please add Wikipedia: Meetup/Toronto to your watchlist and help us choose the place and time on the talk page. Greetings, ~~~~ Cheers, --unforgettableid | talk to me 20:05, January 31, 2006 (UTC)

No, I do not think so. Especially the first time. If you are a user who does not want to participate in meetings, the second time receiving such a message will be annoying, the third time will be harmed, and the past will only be spam. But the first is pure service. I would also appreciate if the message mentioned the establishment of Wikimedia Canada. - user: zanimum

Mass comment: who?

Can anyone make bulk comments, or run a bot to do it? I will not be the first to volunteer. :-) --unforgettableid | talk to me 20:05, January 31, 2006 (UTC)

Or is there someone here who uses Windows and can run AutoWikiBrowser? I'm sure it can comment en masse to all users who are members of the Category: Wikipedians in Toronto. --unforgettableid | talk to me 06:27, February 22, 2006 (UTC)



Maps Wikipedia talk:Meetup/Toronto



Agustus 2006: Ayo bersama-sama!

I think we should all sit down and drink and eat and what not. I proposed a meeting at Future Bakery, on the corner of Brunswick and Bloor, on Wed. August 16, 2006 @ 7pm. Let's discuss it. joshbuddy, talk 15:03, 3 August 2006 (UTC)

Huzzah! --Arctic Gnome 22:46, 3 August 2006 (UTC)
Sounds good to me --Dhodges 05:27, 4 August 2006 (UTC)
Sorry. Unfortunately I can not attend Wikimeets at night, because I'm in Brampton, which does not have GO service through the afternoon, so coming home requires at least three hours on two transit systems. However, if I can get one press outlet to attend, does anyone object to it, provided they are not intrusive or abusive (aka they do not spoil the night)? I want to try to make City/Global/CFTO interested to do a small part on Wikipedia, with this as an example. - Zanimum 18:55, August 9, 2006 (UTC)
I would advise against inviting the press for our first meeting; if we invite them later when we all know each other, we will look much more organized and professional. --Actctic Gnome 00:14, August 10, 2006 (UTC)
I'm in Richmond Hill, York Area, may not be able to attend at night without proper planning, need to coordinate transit and subway systems and find out how close they are to this place. Are you going to use this as a regular meeting place? If it will shift a lot then I have to plan it again. Anyhow, it must be the future, I totally forgot about this. Tyciol 19:51, 16 August 2006 (UTC)
Thanks for organizing, but I will not be able to attend this one. Samw 03:15, August 11, 2006 (UTC)
Good idea. I also agree with Arctic G about NOT inviting the press or the media. Any public appearance will be attractive and professional and the first casual meeting does not look like that. Is the bakery more or less like a cafe? I'm not a coffee fan. I.H.S.V. (talk) 02:53, August 15, 2006 (UTC)
This is a cafe bakery like Hungarian food quality. I believe Wednesday night is an all-you-can-eat pierogi night. Unfortunately, I had to work that night, but I've been thinking of trying this idea every month, so I'm sure I'll be there next time. joshbuddy, talk 03:01, August 15, 2006 (UTC)
Great. Count me in. I.H.S.V. (talk) 19:45, 16 August 2006 (UTC)
Who else really came? I will be there. (I often stop by to enjoy cookies and coffee) -Dhodges 13:26, August 16, 2006 (UTC)
I will try to make it. The Tuesday thing did not work for me (annoying priors) but Good Wed and Future right around the corner from my place. 7 may be a little early if the weather is good (I'll ride a bike) but we'll see what happens. Maury 16:16, 6 August 2007 (UTC)

Corey Vidal - Wikipedia
src: upload.wikimedia.org


August 2007: Planning a new meeting

Wikipedia: Meetup/Toronto

(This section is now for discussion, if you would like to notify us of your availability, scroll to the bottom of this page until you see a sub-section called "Availability") Hello everyone, I am planning to have a meeting in Toronto. Which is currently held at a pub in downtown Toronto on the first Tuesday of every month. I want a Wikipedia meeting where it is more conventional to other Wikipediawan and all age appropriate. Tuesday night is inconclusive for those still in school (ie high school & university). In my opinion, the place is not very good for minors (under 19 years) and quite far from other communities like Richmond Hill, Markham, and Scarborough.

Since I want the meeting to be available to as many people as possible, I am sure it must be held on Saturday or Sunday. Place is decided too. If you are interested, please leave a note here.

(Optional) You can suggest the place as well as the city/city where you live so that the place can be available to most Toronto Wikipedians. OhanaUnited Page talk 13 : 32, August 6, 2007 (UTC)

I work nights and nights on weekdays, so either on a weekday before 2pm, or weekends will work best for me. I'm near the city center, so prefer something not in North York/Miss/Scarb Sherurcij (Speaker for the Dead) 19:16, 6 August 2007 (UTC)
I am good with Saturday but not Sunday. I live in North York, but I work and go to school around downtown so I prefer something downtown and somewhere near UofT and Government Block at Bay and Wellesley. And no bar... for now.... Nat Tang ta | co | em 22:08, August 6, 2007 (UTC)
I prefer a weekday night somewhere downtown. It would be nice to meet you! Ian Bailey 14:02, August 7, 2007 (UTC)
As I said, nighttime events do not convince everyone, especially students. OhanaUnited Page talk 16 : 08, August 7, 2007 (UTC)
Well, it does not apply to UofT students... most of our programs are from Monday to Thursday so it's always Friday... unless of course you are a student who takes the first year course.. then you have classes on Friday... anyways... I am with OhanaUnited this one... I prefer Satudays rather than something on weekdays.
I want to attend the meeting, but I am a UofT student and I am very busy with real life. However, I have a suggestion for the location. I think inside the first or second floor of the Robarts Library at UofT. Johnny Au 17:25, 7 August 2007 (UTC)
I am a UT Scarborough student and live in Richmond Hill. It would be better if the meeting was held in downtown or Richmond Hill/Markham. OhanaUnited Page talk 17 : 50, August 7, 2007 (UTC)
I think Johnny's proposal is good and I love it because as a UofT student with a downtown job, that's fine, but as a compromise maybe the North Central Reference, North York Civic Center, or Fairview Mall...i know... not the best alternative, but somewhere in the middle... I can not think of anywhere else... Nat Tang ta | co | em 18:29, August 7, 2007 (UTC)
I also work at night on weekdays, so if we want myself and Sherurcij there, it should be done on weekends. I like in Etobicoke, but can get anywhere in Toronto or Mississauga without much effort, although Scarborough will be a bit far away. --Arctic Gnome (talk o contribs) 21:41, 7 August 2007 (UTC)

Just a note... Toronto is a candidate for Wikimania 2008. This is the draft offer page. Most of the stuff is spewed out of our 2006 offer, so if you have time to look at it and update it. It would be better if you could help with the offer. thanks. Nat Tang ta | co | em 18:29, August 7, 2007 (UTC)

I like the idea of ​​my own pub, and I have no problems with Tuesday nights. Abebenjoe 01:50, August 8, 2007 (UTC)
Hey Abebenjoe, the problem is that 1) Tuesday nights, not a good night for university or high school students (along with most of the evening shows) and 2) high school and some students can be legally in the pub. Remember, we need to try to include everyone in this meeting, that's why new proposals sometimes over the weekend and somewhere where everyone can meet. Nat Tang ta | co | em 02:00, August 8, 2007 (UTC)
Are you ready for intense discussion? I will post a notice on the community portal to get more Toronto people's attention. Do not forget to watch this page , as discussions can grow very quickly. Please fill in the following to be more organized and allow for easier analysis. OhanaUnited Page talk 05 : 08, August 8, 2007 (UTC)
We can still go to a pup-restaurant that allows minors, like Firkin. Also, I imagine that the evenings should be fine for people who attend school or work the next day as long as it is not really too late. --Arctic Gnome (talk o contribs) 18:55, August 8, 2007 (UTC)
Toronto reference library! aeymxq 20:14, August 9, 2007 (UTC)
I agree with Artic.gnome, there are many pubs that allow young people to enter and have a good menu. I recommend Ferret and Firkin at 720 Spadina Ave, in Spadina and Bloor Streets, less than two minutes walk from Spadina Subway. Another possibility is Fox Firkin in Yonge and Eglinton, about two minutes from Eglinton Subway Station.-- Abebenjoe 21:32, August 9, 2007 (UTC)
Spadina and Bloor will be very convincing to me, so much so that I almost have to come. Wily D 15:31, August 13, 2007 (UTC)
I'm fine with that... Nat Tang ta | co | em 05:10, August 15, 2007 (UTC)

Okay, to get the ball here to really roll, can we suggest a meeting place/time and really commit to have people there? It looks like a weekend, near the subway station is our best bet. About about the afternoon of September 2 (week) in place of this Ferrat and Firkin? Wily D 18:27, August 22, 2007 (UTC)

Maybe Saturday even cause I can not make it on the week... grout t a n g 18:35, August 22, 2007 (UTC)
Hmm, maybe. I can not make the second one, personally. I am going out of town (Port Hope, I think) Wily
18:41, August 22, 2007 (UTC)
Guys, keep in mind that this will be more than a meeting, but a recurring meeting. OhanaUnited Page talk 21 : 45, August 22, 2007 (UTC)
It sounds good to me (Sunday, September 2 at 1:00 pm0, and it applies to future meetings.) I attended from the western part of the city, so the downtown location is very good (and under-aged as well , though that does not apply to me; -).-- Abebenjoe 07:21, August 23, 2007 (UTC)
Okay, Sunday 2 September 2007 we will meet at Ferrat and Firkin at 1 pm? How will we recognize each other? I'm not interested in running around shouting "Hello? I'm from the internet?" Wily D 13:35, August 23, 2007 (UTC)
Well I can not make it... Ã, :(.... nor will I be able to make it to any of them if on Sunday... so... someone will have to fill me about what is being discussed... nat t a n g 03:48, August 24, 2007 (UTC)

I will print a sign saying the Wikipedia meeting. Not sure how busy this place is on a long weekend, it does not seem to be too busy. There is a large table near the north side of the bar which can accommodate about 10 people. If we will be more than that, we may need to notify management. Too bad Nat can not come, I want to meet him. Maybe the next one will be on Saturday. - Abebenjoe 04:18, August 24, 2007 (UTC)

Well, okay, the sign is good - I really believe I will recognize one of the people who expressed interest. That said - I'm not sure I'll be able to make it. I have to talk about it with my romantic partner, eh? Wily D 14:45, August 24, 2007 (UTC)
Viewed by the list below I will assume more people can be present on Saturday, so I propose to move it back one day to Saturday, September 1st. The same "bat time", the same "channel bat." Is that more convenient for everyone? - Abebenjoe 03:08, August 27, 2007 (UTC)
yup... move back: D grout t a n g 4:01, August 27, 2007 (UTC)

CHANGE DATE Since it seems like I'm the only one who can confirm Sunday, and see that at least Nat can make it Saturday, I changed the day of the meeting to Saturday, September 1st. Please indicate if you plan to be here or in the chart below. - Abebenjoe 22:39, August 28, 2007 (UTC)

So what happened to the last one? -Pomte 17:12, September 26, 2007 (UTC)
Well, because it's just Abebenjoe, another editor, and myself, and it comes true that Abebenjoe and I are both members of political parties and working on different campaigns, we naturally talk about the politics of Ontario, Ontario articles elections, the difficulties we have to face on Wikipedia and the different geopolitical areas of the project, and I'm sure that's it. nat t a n g 18:01, September 26, 2007 (UTC)

Availability

Enter your name, preferred day and preferred locations below

Possible Topics If Meetup Goes Ahead

Wikimania Toronto 2008 bid
Wikimedia Canada Formation (still in the early stages)
Better coordination in WikiProject Toronto

See if there's any interest to jointly improve articles, lists, categories, portals, etc. Related to Toronto. We can choose an article or list to be directed to a flagship status, or find a location article that requires an image. Encourage people we know to upload their photos to Commons.

Elegant Coding: February 2017
src: 3.bp.blogspot.com


February 2011 Meeting

Sue Gardner, Executive Director of the Wikimedia Foundation, will be in Toronto from Sunday, February 6 to Tuesday, February 8 and wants to attend local and Canadian Wikipedians. This page is the start of planning for the event. If you are interested in attending or having suggestions for location, date/time please add below. Please try adding your information before January 15, so we can determine the final location.

Suggested Locations:

  • The Twisted Kilt
    Pub in the middle of town " Located in downtown Toronto (steps to subway), this gastropub offers a long list of imported and domestic beers and beers.
  • Linux Caffe
    God knows if this place is still in business, based on their spider web... (yes, they are, I checked it.) " Roasterie old style twenty-first century " ( #linuxcaffe )
  • The Miller Tavern
    Can not see the site, but recommended by a foody.

Recommended Date/Time

  • Sunday, 19:00 1, 1, 1
  • Monday, 19:00 1, 1

I want to be present:

  1. Sue Gardner
  2. Prefers Sunday. OhanaUnited Page talk 04 : 23, January 13, 2011 (UTC)
  3. Prefers Sunday. Ktsquare (talk) 17:05, 17 January 2011 (UTC)
  4. May be Sunday. Samw (talk) 02:47, January 19, 2011 (UTC)
  5. Sunday is good for me, and I like Linuxcaffe --Bob (talk) 05:09, January 19, 2011 (UTC)
  6. Week a little better, location is not a problem for me. T (alk) 13:09, 21 January 2011 (UTC)
  7. I'm coming. Sunday's work for me and Linux Cafe will be my ideal location. - SimonP (talk) 21:09, January 21, 2011 (UTC)
  8. Sunday is fine, working nights are better for me, but may be attending one way. Risker (talk) 18:57, 25 January 2011 (UTC)

Please note that the meeting is already planned. The entry sheet is on Wikipedia: Meetup/Toronto/February 06 2011 T (alk) 21:26, January 25, 2011 (UTC)

Who's Meeting Up? Using Data to Find the Hottest Startup Cities in ...
src: blog.rjmetrics.com


Wikimedia Canada Executive

The Wikimedia Canada Executive plans to hold face-to-face meetings, probably on Saturday, October 1 in central Toronto. If we can meet Toronto Wikipedians at the same time it will be great. The difficulty is that Alan, the executive member of the area has an unrelated commitment that makes it impossible for him to arrange a joint meeting. If there are people in the area who can unite something that will be extraordinary. Notify me on my talk page. Eclecticology (talk) 06:48, 12 September 2011 (UTC)

File:Art+Feminism Wikipedia Edit-A-Thon at AGO, Toronto 13.jpg ...
src: upload.wikimedia.org


Wikipedia Loving Library

Anyone interested in meeting at TPL branch (or: Toronto Reference Library, or North York Central Library)? I'm available most nights in October & amp; Nov. - Raysonho (talk) 18:42, October 13, 2011 (UTC)

Interview with .NET Developer, Microsoft MVP, and Wiki Ninja: Ken ...
src: i1.social.s-msft.com


Toronto Wiki Tuesday

I removed the link up at the top of the page because the site appears to be deprived by blogs without connecting to Wikipedia. Rojomoke (talk) 10:16, June 13, 2013 (UTC)

File:Still shot from YEARS AGO movie und1080.jpg - Wikimedia Commons
src: upload.wikimedia.org


Torontonians is not active?

Looks like this group of meetings is very inactive! Do not they meet again, or just because they talk face-to-face? --Anne Delong (talk) 18:47, 14 November 2013 (UTC)

10 Years of Wikipedia [INFOGRAPHIC] - Toronto Colocation ...
src: 6.mshcdn.com


Wikipedia for Berlin Peace 4. -18. July 2017

- Earl ysp atz Bicara 11:15, 24 April 2017 (UTC)

KeebTown Interview with u/Jolimon of StrataKB this Sunday at 7pm ...
src: i.redditmedia.com


WikClubs - bab Toronto?

FYI on the new "WikiClub" by Wikimedia Canada: https://ca.wikimedia.org/wiki/WikiClubs Anyone interested in starting the Toronto chapter?

Samw (talk) 14:45, 2 August 2017 (UTC)

Source of the article : Wikipedia

Comments
0 Comments